Nuffnang Ads

Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2022

You've been wonderful, 2022!

  I was enjoying my past-midnight korean karaoke session (read: korean speaking, reading, listening practice) when it occurred to me that I did not publish a single post in 2022! I mean, talk about progress! I did not wait further, jumped out of bed, turned on my laptop, signed to blogger, revisited my 2022 album, and began typing.

January set off strong. My friends and I initiated weekly badminton session (which of course should be followed by cafe-hunting sessions), and this lasted for half a year. My first time joining virtual run too, thanks for the pompous year-long anniversary celebration of my organization. Hey, not bad. Not bad at all! 

I was offered a full-time permanent employment after 9 months. We also had new addition to our family, a little one! He's been our pride and joy, grown up so much! 


Key takeaway: ask for it! No one's gonna know whether you want it or not, so ask for it! Promotion? Ask for it. Worst case is you don't get it. A car blocking your way out of your spot? Ask them to move it! That reverse light ain't lighting enough during the day for some. That guy whom you're interested in? That. That I have no authority to touch on. 


It was a year full of love, stability, learning, maturity, with family and friends. A year where I witnessed unions of love - admirable, unexpected, desirable, mediocre, opposed to. Lol. A year where I gave back as much as I could to the youth and children. Looking back, I cannot help but to still think that this is at my lowest capability which I had been able to contribute back. But hey, it is still something. My getting on the 5 am train for 3 hours to the reach school (2 states away) for SPM candidates' mock interview was a big deal! My setting aside (paid) 1 hour every week for deserving children was a big deal! Efforts I wish to impact them, even for the slightest, for the better.


Of course there's a lot to reflect on, especially on the future of our nation with the youth of today. Are you aware of how severe the literacy rate among students is? How very few of them read anymore - even comics, let alone 'real' books. How must-know words are not that known to the kids, because of their lack of reading. It is the digital era. Information is obtained through short 1-min videos, if not less. Why should they read? That is if the content is interesting enough. Why should they put it their time for boring time-consuming academia stuff when dances are farrrr more entertaining, and can bring them money too to a certain extent. Are we truly prepared for the future?

Let's not go into poverty. Man, what a depressing way to recap a year, isn't it?

On to the less depressing part.


Friends have been wonderful. Family, even more. There were times, though, when I loneliness does hit, which was typically triggered by 4-5 friends not picking up my calls. Lol. What a soft-hearted lady. Which brought a big realization to me - am I prepared to lose my loved ones? How am I going to get through my old days, that is, if I were ever to reach the old days. In this economy, I kinda see being mortal at 40 does not sound that bad of an idea, at all. 

Okay. Enough with the reflections. A must-ask question: did I at least pick up any new (money-making) skills this year? Of course I did! I signed myself up for Korean lessons after dismissing my hesitations - language is better learned physically - to which I lost close to a year worth of time spending on contemplating before finally deciding to give it a go. Haven't been regretting it, even once! The best decision I have ever made. Still an absolute beginner though. Do not expect me to write a full post here right at this moment... Although I kinda wish I could...

Did I mention I started a tiktok page sharing how I solve high school Math questions? Yeah. Might take a while before the videos reach your fyp.

I will remember 2022 as a year where you're absolutely replaceable at work. Always prioritize yourself and your family. Put work, maybe the fifth on the list. 

It has also been a wonderful year for the outcome of GE15. Here's for a better Malaysia.


If this post even has a reader, congrats for getting this far of the post. If you've been following through, I am sure you can tell I haven't been of a well-read in 2022. Lol. Here's to more reading, solid Korean, and a new job in 2023? Maybe also diversifying my spotify list? It's been too mundane.

No comments:

Post a Comment