Nuffnang Ads

Followers

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Pregnancy

Waking up in the middle of night, full of inspirations and ideas, yes, that has very rarely happened to me. The last time it happened was probably when I was trying to finish writing my Philosophy essay on reconstruction of Socrates' argument from Protagoras on virtue, which was in Fall 2017. How time flies! And I could really write back then! Next time I'll write on procrastination and why I still practice it.

I have been trying to sleep early, so that I would spend a productive time during the day, for quite a while now. And tonight, I did. I slept at around 11 p.m., but woke up again around 2 a.m., and has been awake since. 

The internet. Pro: you will never have time for boredom. Con: you will never have time for boredom.
My alarm went off after I was awake, telling me to go to sleep, to get my full 6 hours. Guess it's not happening today because I went on and grabbed my phone, launched the Safari, browsed YouTube, visited my planets and worlds on AdVent Capitalist and Communist, one app after another.

After spending some time watching some Oscar-nominated animations, two people who went on a blind date, and Judy Travis's daily vlog, I think I get to learn a thing or two about myself, that is, I just want to live an ordinary live. I don't think I will be that workaholic career woman. I find comfort and safety from living with and near my family, and I want the same for my future family as well. Eating in, grow vegetables on our backyard, have guests visiting frequently, camping. I feel like this partly stems from my growing up away from my family since I was 13 that makes me appreciate them even more now. Not gonna lie, I do get annoyed sometimes, especially now that I have been living with my mom since I got back. That's almost 9 months now. But I soon realized that my annoyance over my mom calling (screaming!) my full name from her room just to have me cabut her uban is really unnecessary yet normal to experience. 

As I grow older, so do my parents, and it wasn't until recently that I noticed that, and I make a conscious effort to be with them for as long as I can be. Can we talk about how clingy parents get now that they are older? How cute!! For some reason, I always picture myself with future daughters, never sons (or even son). Now that children were mentioned, ugh, pregnancy.. That shit sounds scary.

I look up to women who have successful careers while still prioritizing their families. Also, housewives. How are they all energized all the time, always ready to go? How do they do that?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment