Nuffnang Ads

Followers

Monday, December 23, 2019

"Follow your curiosity"

I am listening to Ted Radio Hour podcast, Wisdom in Hindsight episode, and toward the end, I find this idea by Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat, Pray, Love, on Curiosity vs Passion interesting that it worth for me logging on to blogger and write it down in case I need to revisit it.

"We keep telling people to follow their passion, and I feel like that can be an intimidating and almost cruel thing to say to people at times because, first of all, if somebody has one central powerful burning passion, they're probably already following it, because that's sort of the definition of passion, is that, you don't have a choice. If you don't, which is a lot of people, have one central burning passion, and somebody tells you to follow your passion, I think you have the right to give them a finger, because it just makes you feel worse. ... If you don't have an obvious passion, forget about it. Follow you curiosity, because passion is sort of a tower of flame that is not always accessible, and curiosity is something that anybody can access any day. Your curiosity may lead you to your passion, or it may not. It may have been for "nothing", in which case, all you've done your entire life is spend your existence in pursuit of the things that make you curious and inspired, and that should be good enough."

8 days to 2020. Oh yes, I think I can write on how my decade has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment