Nuffnang Ads

Followers

Monday, April 8, 2019

When I appreciate, I show!

It has been months since my last entry. Whew time sure flies. I am now 20 days away from my graduation! It is exciting yet simultaneously agitating.

I have been working at the dining hall since January and throughout this time period, I learn a lot! I learn how to make sandwiches, flip burgers, grill vegetables, make perfect omelettes, twist and top pizzas, tell cheeses apart, cut cantaloupes and honeydews,  you know, technical stuff. As yesterday was visiting day where new admitted students and families visit the campus (and the dining hall for food), it was freakishly busy that I was put at a station where all the fried and greasy food are, with 5 other full-time employees, and there, I made omelettes and only omelettes, from 11-1, 1.30-3. It was nothing, really. And I love doing it because it means I won't have to deal with other tasks like tossing fries, flipping hamburgers, grilling eggplants and chicken. I just have to stand there and make omelettes (which apparently to some would require great dexterity). Easy. 

By the time my shift is about done, one of the superior employees came to me and said how much she appreciates me helping them out by doing what I did - making omelettes. 
"You did an amazing job with the omelettes! I didn't know you know how to do that!"
"Oh thank you! Yes someone taught me how."
"I so appreciate your help today I'm gonna give you a card. Imma head to the back and tell X (this one person who I don't know) about it." It is this workplace thing where employees would write a card to show appreciation to their coworkers.
"Aww thank you!!" I'd tell you I could not hide my smile and happiness at all at the moment lol. 
Then she came back to the station to let me know that "We all who have worked with you today at this station decided that each of us would give you a card so you'd get one from each of us."
Again I thanked her and everyone there.
"Yeah. When I appreciate, I show!"
Evidently ma'am.


No comments:

Post a Comment